What we believe
- We believe that there is one true and living God who exists in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the full divinity and the full humanity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. He is the fullest and final revelation of God to mankind, having two natures in one person forever.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God and is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe that all people are sinners and are alienated from God, and deserve only his wrath and condemnation.
- We believe that salvation is God’s action alone, who sent His Son, Jesus, to be punished for the sins of His people.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sinfulness and gives us new life so that we might repent of our sins and have the faith to believe that Jesus died and rose again for us.
The EPCEW holds as its confession the Westminster Confession of Faith (WCF), which was drawn up at Westminster Abbey in London at the request of Parliament in the 1640s. The WCF and its related Catechisms (Larger and Shorter) have been the standard confession of faith for Presbyterians all around the world ever since the Church of Scotland first adopted it in 1647.